Jason Webb wrote:
On a related note (and will I'm in that area) I'd like to depracate remove(MailImpl)
remove(String)
And replace them with remove(collection<String>)
I would like to promote remove(collection<String>) as the primary access
method for repositories, rather than the single remove actions because
in most repository implementations (SQL and mbox) the mass delete is
considerably more efficent. In the case of the Avalon repositories I
don't think it makes much difference.

Any comments?

P.S. I hadn't planned to do my option 2 just yet :)

I favor Mail-based remove methods. As for deprecating the single methods, I think there are many cases though where we are handling just a single message at a time, such as message spooling, and we shouldn't force them to use a Collection when they don't really need to.

--
Serge Knystautas
President