Søren,

We might do some further tweaking, but I think you've got the right idea.
The thought I have is that (down the road) some code might want to accept
messages based upon other criteria, so we might want to enlarge upon our
options there, possibly by using introspection.

A few minor items:

  (1) Could you submit against branch_2_1_fcs?
  (2) The spool is purely internal.  Let's
      chance accept() to return the message.
  (3) Please see GenericRegexMatcher.java
      for "correct" usage of the regex code
      in a multithreaded environment.  We
      need to compile as READ-ONLY, and
      create a matcher in the executing
      thread.

I'd like to get this change included in our next release.  The spooler has
never been exposed to anyone, and there are only two calls in the codebase.
The James code didn't follow the correct usage pattern for regex previously,
but it is documented by the regex classes, as I discovered when trying to do
some other things with them.

        --- Noel