On Friday 24 October 2003 21:47, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Søren,
>
> We might do some further tweaking, but I think you've got the right idea.
> The thought I have is that (down the road) some code might want to accept
> messages based upon other criteria, so we might want to enlarge upon our
> options there, possibly by using introspection.
>
> A few minor items:
>
>   (1) Could you submit against branch_2_1_fcs?

Yep, will do that.

>   (2) The spool is purely internal.  Let's
>       chance accept() to return the message.

Okay, I guess you want this for all three accepts.

>   (3) Please see GenericRegexMatcher.java
>       for "correct" usage of the regex code
>       in a multithreaded environment.  We
>       need to compile as READ-ONLY, and
>       create a matcher in the executing
>       thread.

But is the regex done from muliple threads? Only if init() can be called from
multiple threads, and at initialization time we are not particularly pressed
by performance issues, so I did a synchronized (MATCHER) in the Delay
constructor. But I have no problem doing it the other way.

I also discovered a minor mistake in my patch, as the new accept method
implementation in JDBCSpoolRepository does not enforce the minimum delay set
by WAIT_LIMIT, will fix that as well.

Expect a new patch tomorrow.

--Søren

> I'd like to get this change included in our next release.  The spooler has
> never been exposed to anyone, and there are only two calls in the codebase.
> The James code didn't follow the correct usage pattern for regex
> previously, but it is documented by the regex classes, as I discovered when
> trying to do some other things with them.
>
>       --- Noel

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager             Phone:  +45 70 27 64 00
TietoEnator IT+         Fax:    +45 70 27 64 40
Ved Lunden 12           Direct: +45 87 46 64 57
DK-8230 Åbyhøj          Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]