Hi,

I am curious as to the status of james supporting ESMTP 8BITMIME. Following a discussion on the mailing list 2 years back, a bug was filed under http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=JAMES-52 noting that 8BITMIME was not supported (and therefore correctly not advertised in response to EHLO).

I am curious because I have found no problems with 8bit messages passing through my James 2.20a15, which is running on a Linux box with a default character set of ASCII. I am using db repositories in all cases. Is the problem something like support in file repositories, or perhaps something more fundamental?

Thanks,
Craig