Hontvari Jozsef wrote:
> I was thinking about this too, I guess most of the work comes from the
> requirement, that if you accept 8bitmime, then you have to be able to
> convert it to 7bit, because a recipient server may not support 8bitmime.

You are right, although, until recently, thats not the way Postfix went about it :>

The actual decoding and encoding is handled by javax.mail.internet.MimeUtility, so it would be a matter of checking the receiving MTA's EHLO response and running through the body parts to do the conversion and resetting the Content-Transfer-Encoding header.

There are a number of issues with this MIME processing however, such as dealing with incorrect and badly formatted MIME headers. Do you reject an email if is RFC-invalid, or try to send it anyway?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Raw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>