> The backend system (apparently it must have a few years on it's back)
> uses addresses like: @YYY.XXX.DK:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Now James hickups at this issuing:
> ERROR smtpserver: Error parsing sender address:
>  @YYY.XXX.DK:[EMAIL PROTECTED]: No local-part (user account) found at position 1

> So to be compliant James actually MUST accept this syntax ;-(

Please see RFC 2821 #3.3, #3.7, and most importantly, #4.1.1.3, which makes
it quite clear that we are entitled to reject with a 550 the RCPT TO command
that provided a source route.  If you want to support it by stripping the
source route information, that's fine, but I'm just as comfortable issuing
the 550.

        --- Noel