>> The backend system (apparently it must have a few years on it's back)
>> uses addresses like: @YYY.XXX.DK:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>> Now James hickups at this issuing:
>> ERROR smtpserver: Error parsing sender address:
>>  @YYY.XXX.DK:[EMAIL PROTECTED]: No local-part (user account) found at position 1

>> So to be compliant James actually MUST accept this syntax ;-(

>Please see RFC 2821 #3.3, #3.7, and most importantly, #4.1.1.3, which makes
>it quite clear that we are entitled to reject with a 550 the RCPT TO command
>that provided a source route.  If you want to support it by stripping the
>source route information, that's fine, but I'm just as comfortable issuing
>the 550.

Okay, see your point. I missed that paragraph in section 4.1.1.3.
Seen from my chair though one of the really great things about James (and what
we primarily use it for) is its mail-processing capabilities, so we usually
has it set up like a mail-processing router, between the internet and an
existing mailserver or other backend system. For this purpose it is a better
strategy to strip the routes (the fix is actually quite simple).

I will do the fix and commit it. But now as 2.2.0 is getting released. What is
the procedure for comitting fixes? Is it better to hold of everything till
after the merger with MAIN? Maybe I should just go back and reread the
threads on this. I have sort of lost the overall picture of the merger
strategy.

--Søren

--
Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager             Phone:  +45 70 27 64 00