Noel,

Huh? No they aren't. Quite the opposite. You had advocated that years
ago, and there was resistence to doing so. There are a few mailets with
Avalon ties, but those are being removed. Mailets will depend upon standard
services, such as JNDI, not Avalon.

I think that I suggested that Mailets should not (as they did at the time) depend on Avalon's Context/Config at API level, but only for implementation. I.e. Mailet as a API does not depend on Avalon-Framework. FooMailetImpl, I counseled, could be Serviceable and Configurable as well as implement Mailet etc. Nowadays, for a fresh design, I'd not advocate any Avalon usage.

- Paul