On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 13:18 -0400, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
<snip>
> And the comments I made to Stefano about Committer status apply to you, too.

I appreciate the encouragement to join the James project as a committer.
However, my primary interests in contributing to James have been the
POJOfication of James, which seams to have been placed on the back
burner, and MINA.  I'm also not sure how to proceed with using MINA
within James since doing so would require JDK 1.5 which does not seam to
be kosher for the time being.

The route I am taking now is to build an extensible messaging framework
based on MINA that supports SMTP, NNTP, POP and IMAP.  James would
hopefully integrate this framework in the future.  I think this is a
sensible approach given the fact that I've received feedback from a few
individuals who are interested in a lightweight message protocol
framework to integrate with their offerings.

I'm certainly not discounting the opportunity to become a committer.
I'm just not sure how my ambitions align with James' current priorities.

-Mike