Don't know. I assume not.

> Why are there two directories named "imap" and "imap2" ? Maybe one is the
> old one and imap2 is a new rewriting?

IMAP2 is the protocol stack I am working from. It is a fairly complete
implementation of IMAP4v1 using in memory stores. The IMAP proposal is now
quite old.

> Are there any other information on the state of IMAP for James apart the
> ones I can find in the sources themselves?

Sorry, but you are correct. There is only the source. I normally ignore most
the IMAP stack except for the ImapHost and its implementation as this is
where the most works needs to be done.

I hope to be able to commit some of my IMAP work soon. This will only be the
repository side. You will not be able "select" mailboxes yet, therefore you
will not be able to view their contents. I currently need to fix the
subscribe/unsubscribe code.

My plan is as follows:
* Fix subs/unsubs
* Test mailbox delete & rename
* Map ImapMessages onto mail objects (this is quite tricky)
* At this point we will have a crudely functional IMAP system. This will be
my Alpha 1 release
* Fix any issues I know I have broken or I know need fixing (there are a few
of these)
* Add in/correct database support
* Alpha 2 release

After that we shall see