Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> Soren wrote:
> > I am having trouble with the JamesSpoolManager in the trunk.
> > I experience mails hanging in the spool, it looks like the
> > offending piece of code is the return statement in line 418.

To be clear, that is the return statement in process(MailImpl) that does a
return after a processor has successfully handled the message?

> > The reason I suspect that line is that I cannot reproduce
> > the effect if I remove the line.

For some reason, I had thought that Stefano was changing the spooler to
process the entire pipeline for an e-mail in one shot, rather than queuing
for each processor, but since he just said that he hadn't made the change,
and obviously the code doesn't have it, perhaps it was just something he had
talked about.  I seem to recall being concerned about that change.

> I'm experiencing spooling issues with file repositories too.

Actually, I have occassionally seen the same symptom with JDBC, too.

> If you send more mails you will see that the one in the spool
> will start being elaborated.

The problem *appears* to be with notify().  This is why I have wanted us to
simplify the logic by having one spool thread and plain worker threads that
just process what they are given.

        --- Noel