Hi Stefano,

> Just to be sure I understood your comment when you say "POM" you mean
> the SDL ?
Well, now you got me :-) What do you mean by SDL?

By POM I mean "Project Object Model", to me that is more than the pom.xml. But
the model or layout of the project as such.
And Maven have a preferred way to do that, and following that way makes it
alot easier to use Maven IMO.

> If I understood your message you are +1 to change our current layout to
> match the default maven2 layout and have a simple pom.xml because we
> "refactor" our repository to match the maven2 standard.

Exactly!

> You are instead -1 to introduce maven2 as a complicate pom.xml that
> override every default to match our current build model.

Again exactly my view.

I believe that if you go the Maven way, you go it all the way!

--Søren

> Is this correct or is this the opposite of your thought?
>
> Stefano
>
> PS: I think that SDL (Standard Directory Layout) is one of the best
> thing introduced by the maven project. When I look to new projects using
> the SDL I feel home, I understand much more thing at a glance than what
> I understand from non SDL projects.

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc., M.Crypt.
wideTrail                       Phone:  +45 25481225
Pilevænget 41           Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
DK-8961  Allingåbro     Web:    www.widetrail.dk