Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini wrote:
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

AvalonListserv.java (2 matches)
AvalonListservManager.java (2 matches)

Obsolete and ready to deprecate, IMO.

I love to remove code: can we remove those from trunk?

Wait: deprecate != remove. I'm using AvalonListserv and AvalonListservManager quite extensively, and others may too. This is an example of how caution must be applied to help users upgrade.

Vincenzo

Sure: if we aggree that they should be removed then we should add a "deprecate" tag in the current 2.3 release and remove them in our trunk for the next release.

PS: I don't know why Noel thinks they should be deprecated, I thought that a better alternative existed or something similar (I don't use James bundled mailing list manager because I wrote my own)

Stefano