Noel J. Bergman wrote:
2) replaced 2.2.0 with 2.3.0 in download.xml

Whoops ... this and the related text changes on the main page are premature,
until we do release JAMES v2.3.  This is the only thing that I feel should be
reverted ... FOR NOW.  Everything else is a go.  I'd really like to publish the
site, with all of the JAMES v2.3 beta content; we just can't say that v2.3 is
released until it is.

Well, this is good, because in fact I did exactly the opposite.
Our trunk xdocs already generate 2.3.0 references in the download page, so I replaced 2.3.0 with 2.2.0 before submitting to the site repository.

Sorry for the wrong comment, happy to see you noticed this!

Stefano

PS: about the other things I will do the simple ones before updating. About the layout I did something as a test few weeks ago, but I thought we can live with 2 different layouts for a while: not perfect, but better than nothing!