I don't agree with Vincenzo about what is a bug and what could introduce problems, btw this is a matter of personal views, so here is my vote:

-1 to reroll rc1: we already have the tag and an in-progress vote/test (i did this once, we already agreed this was a mistake, so try to not repeat this).

-0 to apply the patch for the next rc: i think we could live we a debug logged as info in experimental code (disabled by default)

So I'm not vetoing it, but I'll change it to +1 if we'll find much more bugs in RC1 and we'll have a longer release cycle for the next rc/tests.

Imho it does not make sense to create a new release for a log change and delay even if few days our rc1 release, but I'm not the one that prepare releases and I can't know if this will really delay things.

Stefano

Norman Maurer wrote:
I also see no problems to this in rc1.. i can reroll the release or put
it in rc2 .. +1 for rc2 +0 rc1

bye
Norman

Am Samstag, den 22.07.2006, 19:55 +0200 schrieb Vincenzo Gianferrari
Pini:
I disagree. It was a bug, though trivial. And one year ago the behaviour was like now after the fix (at least at info log level).

And if we find a bug, even not critical, whose fix is trivial, it can and should be applied even to RC.

I would otherwise yesterday have voted -1 to "[VOTE] James 2.3.0rc1 Release", as it's been two weeks that I said that I was going to test this weekend in my production system.

And JAMES-515 is not a fix to a bug, simply a cleanup that could introduce problems to existing customers, and no perceived functional advantage.

Vincenzo