Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>> Ok, 3 days passed.

>> Code changes can be vetoed at any time, resulting only in the inability
>> cut a release containing them.

> it seems that we followed the right procedure.

You followed a procedure.  The point is that code votes are never closed.

> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html does not say anything
> about your sentence.

> you should add the rule to that page so anyone will know how VOTEs work.

See the final paragraph of that page.  People get a bit "rule happy", and
that's never good.

> > Votes should generally be permitted to run for at least 72 hours to
> > provide an opportunity for all concerned persons to participate
> > regardless of their geographic locations.

Well, I was going to observe that 72 hours is a bit short when voting during
a conference, over a holiday, etc., but had decided against conflating two
points.

And you do need closure for some sorts of votes, e.g., a Committer, a
Release, etc.  For code, you can operate on lazy consensus until a veto.

        --- Noel