Stefano Bagnara ha scritto:
> Norman ha scritto:
>>> Have you any suggestion on what can/should we do? (dnsjava is BSD,
>>> dnsjnio is MPL 1.1)
>>>
>>> Stefano
>>>
>> Hi Stefano,
>>
>> maybe the best whould be to add a org.dnsjava package to jspf and add
>> the classes as workaround. Anything i miss ?
>>
>> bye
>> Norman
>
> The problem of the Asynch Lookup in the org.dnsjava package is minor and
> we could eventually place it in the org.dnsjava package inside the jspf
> sources, but we still have the problem of the 2 bugs in dnsjava.
> How can we release jSPF depending on a customized dnsjava? Can we
> release a dnsjava-patched file?

More informations:

1) the package is org.xbill and not org.dnsjava (sorry but when I wrote
the previous messages I had not the code fresh in my mind).

2) The cause of AsynchLookup to be placed in the org.xbill.DNS package
are 2 "dumb" static method calls:

DClass.check:
-----
static void
check(int i) {
        if (i < 0 || i > 0xFFFF)
                throw new InvalidDClassException(i);
}
------

Mnemonic.toInteger
------
/**
 * Converts an int into a possibly cached Integer.
 */
public static Integer
toInteger(int val) {
        if (val >= 0 && val < cachedInts.length)
                return (cachedInts[val]);
        return new Integer(val);
}
------

Both can be removed or recreated locally so to place the AsynchLookup
where we do prefer.

So the main issue will be what to do with dnsjava and the patches we need.

Stefano