Stefano Bagnara wrote:
Btw in the MINA list I started a thread about the asynchronous DNS
client needs and I found interests.

It seems that currently the MINA PMC is discussing about the opportunity
to create a new sandbox inside mina for this very purpose.

At least 4-5 developers declared their interest in producing something
dnsjava-derived/dnsjava-inspired inside the ASF with the ASLv2 license:
we will also ask Brian Welligton if he is willing to
contribute/collaborate to this "community" effort.

cool. Norman [posting on mina-dev] is right, a lab would make sense.
if I may put something on the feature wishlist: make it usable as a mocking framework, for the sake of testability, please.

In the mean time Brian closed the 2 issues (maybe someone with more
charisma than me pinged him ;-) or maybe he decided to go fast because
he was worried by the fork ideas):

1) fixed and committed, telling that in the next few days he will create
a new release.. (let's hope)

2) fixed as won't fix: and I'm now fighting the SPF spec people to make
them change the spec (or at least relax the testsuite) so we can pass
the SPF tests without this fix. I have had a partial result (one of the
council member agreed that he didn't notice the DNS issue and that the
testsuite should probably be changed, one is against any change).

I will keep you updated on the MINA and SPF ongoing discussions.

+1, great efforts, Stefano!

  Bernd