On 8/9/07, Stefano Bagnara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> > On 8/9/07, Stefano Bagnara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

> >> Shouldn't
> >> resetInstance simply remove the conditionManager from the fieldInstance
> >> ThreadLocal  using a fieldInstance.set(null) ?
> >
> > i've been running with this change in for a couple of days and (as
> > yet) there haven't been any exceptions thrown
> >
> > - robert
>
> So, was this simply a test for us?? You already found that.. was it a
> secret?? :-P

i only found one problem: you and bernd found another three. i'd much
rather do a comprehensive job than quickly commit a partial fix.

> Next time just share also the solutions and not only the problem :-P

i'm not convinced that it's really working correctly. the other areas
need fixing as well or they're just going to break again.

> Let's hope at least it really works properly :-)

it's just in my local fork. would prefer a more comprehensive solution

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSIEVE-10 suggests removing the
singletons and injecting the dependency instead. not sure how much
work that is likely to be.

- robert