Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> to cheer myself up after missing the london train today and missing
> OSJam, i've been playing around with embedding ActiveMQ (apache's JMS
> server) within JAMES. i've only really spend an hour or two on it but
> it looks good so far.
>
> use cases:
>
> 1. easy JMS spool feed (for example general list)
> a. publish text message containing mail to JAMES
> b. JAMES sends MimeMessage to spool
> c mail is processed
>
> 2. JMS mailbox feed
> a. publish text message containing mail to JAMES
> b JAMES stores MimeMessage to mailbox API
>
> opinions?
>
> any interest in adding this to JAMES one day?
>
> - robert

That options are for sure good features for an enterprise email server.

WRT ActiveMQ I always had in my plans to:

3. try to use ActiveMQ's KAHA persistence engine [1] for the SMTPserver
incoming spool or the the 1st attempt spool in the outgoing delivery.

This would really boost the throughput for high traffic servers.

Stefano

[1] http://activemq.apache.org/kaha-persistence.html

PS: I had to add something more to the subject because the apache spam
filter (SpamAssassin) was blocking (TVD_SPACED_SUBJECT_WORD3).