Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Stefano Bagnara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ha scritto:
Author: rdonkin
Date: Sat Sep  6 03:41:26 2008
New Revision: 692627

Log:
Created directory to house protocols separated from server

Added:
   james/protocols/
Maybe IMAP is big enough to deserve a top level component (james/imap) so we
don't increase our tree depth more than what we have now.

mailet
- mailet-api
- mailet-base
- mailet-crypto
- mailet-standard
- maven-mailet-report
server
- user-api
- ...
- phoenix-deployment
jspf
- resolver
- tester
mime4j
jsieve
- (maybe will be splitted)
postage

Adding a protocols increases the current tree depth from 2 to 3, while we
only need imap ATM.
imap
- imap-api
- ...
- imap-function

So I would prefer to have imap and not protocols and we can introduce
protocols later once we'll have more than one product in there.

we discussed this before and your suggestion (which i agreed with) was
to adopt a design like mailet. i think mailet is working out quite
well. it's reasonably easy to create a good subsite. this process is
very much a draft and should be subject to a later review once
everything's more complete. so i'd much rather trial your original
proposal for a while.

it shouldn't be a big issue to reorganise stuff later. i don't propose
putting up a website etc until the changes have had a chance to bed in
and be reviewed. we may well end up deciding then that it's better to
switch to your new proposal.

When we discussed this I thought you wanted to extract single module libraries. Istead imap is an almost complete imap server and not only a protocol handling library.

BTW this was only a statement of personal preference, nothing that should stop progress.

Stefano