Hi all,

as you all prolly know I tried to decouple james in the last couple of
weeks from phoenix / avalon as much as possible. This task is now
complete and James should "just work" within every container /
framework which understand howto handle jsr250 injections. I thought
about using OSGI + Karaf as container for James but I think that would
require many reorganisation within the code to get it work like it
should. So while using OSGI is prolly not the worst move to attract
more users / developers I'm still not 100 % sure if its really a good
idea at all.

At the moment I tend to just remove the Avalon-Guice Adapter classes
which I create for every component and let just handle spring the
injection stuff. The Log and Configuration injection will get done via
Spring by using a BeanPostProcessor (like its done in the current
spring-avalon-bridge).

So anyone against this "radical" move ?

Bye,
Norman

Ps: This would eliminate the use of Guice again too