Hi Ashish,

I am the user who has many OOM with the trunk and feed Norman with my issues :)

1.
Indeed, you have the dump with CircularQueue from mina 2.0.0-RC1. This is the release we normally use in james and give the issue after a certain period of time. I mean, the server can stay working correctly 2 days or crash after 2 hours (see http://apache.u-mangate.com/james/oom/oom.png) due to a peak in memory usage. T To further investigate, we tried with mina trunk 2.0.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT : There, we see a direct crash. I've uploaded such a dump on http://apache.u-mangate.com/james/oom/index.html (click on shift-f5 to force refresh, I setup the web server in a hurry). You will see there recursive ConcurrentLinkedQueue.

2.
As shown on http://apache.u-mangate.com/james/oom/oom.png, the system works while the line is flat (mail are received, spooled, delivered,...). On a few seconds, it peaks and of course, nothing works anymore. So, the messages don't remain in the spool. I made tests with quite huge messages, and they are delivered very fast as soon as they arrive in James.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions or propose additional tests.

Many tks in advance,

Eric