Hi Amit,

I found http://wiki.apache.org/james/Embedded on the wiki, but it goes on phoenix container which is not used anymore.

I integrated james 2.3 in tomcat 2 years ago with a ServletContextListener responsible to launch the main class of the spring intregration (now the org.apache.james.container.spring.Main class). It was quite straighforward (put jars found in the james lib directory in WEB-INF/lib). The only difficulty I had was the way james was loading the file ressources from its conf directory: sometimes like a disk file, sometimes like a classpath resource. That obliged me to integrate some files in the jars I had in WEB-INF/lib (the classpath loading), and other files in /conf directory (the file loading). I also had to care about the directoy from where the process was launched (if launched from /etc/init.d/james on linux, the conf directory had to be in the /).

I did the integration to have access on the user repository, and also to allow some mailets access some ressources provided by the local tomcat container.

I think to remember having read about apache geronimo integrating james, but can't find back the links...

Maybe you could tell use a bit more about your goals: do you want jboss serve smtp/pop/imap protocol and control the traffic by application deployed in jboss, are you willing to have a kind of "admin-console",...

Tks,
Eric