Hi,

With file:// , I was referring to james nomenclature (ex: "file://conf/..." for files in james conf dir, "file://var/... for files in james var dir), and not to the URI/URL patterns. You can find plenty of this nomenclature in spring-beans.xml,... (ex: file://conf/database.properties")

The other James nomenclature is "classpath://.
We may remain with confusions with the James vs. URL/URI "file://", but i think we could discuss a bit later in the frame of OSGI stuff,...

"../var/..." can perfectly do the job now.

Nice to read we can use %domain and %user variables.
May be the default in spring-beans.xml could be "../var/Maildir/%domain/%user/Maildir" or whatever, so we know we can play with domain / user structure.

Tks,

Eric