On 24/05/2011 07:44, Norman wrote:
I wrote a prototype which use cassandra for Apache James Mailbox, which
is not Open-Source (yet?). It works quite well but suffer from any
locking, so you need some distributed locking
service like hazelcast [e]. So using NoSQL should work without probs,
you just need to keep in mind how the data is accessed.

mailbox-cassandra, interesting ;)

I am thinking of using Gora and avoiding to use HBase API directly.
This will ensure that James could use any NoSQL storage that Gora can
access. What keeps me back is that Gora does not seem to be very
active and it's also incubating so I may run into things not easy to
get out of.

Maybe its just me but I still think a ORM mapper can just not work well
in the NoSQL world. As you need to design your "storage" in the way you
access the data. I would prolly just use the HBase API.

+1

What do you think?

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.lucene.hadoop.user/26022
[2] http://vimeo.com/search/videos/search:cloudera/st/48b36a32