OK, got it :)

The tar.gz mention is here

in

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/appassembler-maven-plugin/1.1.1/appassembler-maven-plugin-1.1.1.pom

So maven central shouts it depends on wrapper-delta-pack 3.2.3
which has been republished by Stefano because of the right in the licence
" to deal in the Software without
    restriction, including without limitation the rights to use,
    copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sub-license, and/or
    sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
    Software is furnished to do so,"

To my understanding, we don't rely on any current Tanuki license, but simply on the one we have modified "without limitation".

Tks,

- Eric