2011/6/13 Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>:
> We don't reference the tar.gz in the container-spring pom.
> We simply ask appassembler-maven-plugin to generate daemons.
>
> Do you mean the appassembler-maven-plugin will fetch the tar.gz ?

Appassembler plugin jar directly includes files copied from that
(tar.gz) artifact. BUT, appassembler jar doesn't have a LICENSE or
NOTICE file saying this (it doesn't have LICENSE/NOTICE at all), so
appassembler is not good wrt licensing.
The files have been copied from the tar.gz to the appassembler jar
when the appassembler jar binary was built.

> But I don't see mention of that in
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/appassembler/appassembler-maven-plugin/dependency-convergence.html

The jar we're talking about is
org.codehaus.mojo/appassembler-maven-plugin-1.0.jar and the code is in
the "org\codehaus\mojo\appassembler\daemon\jsw" folder inside the jar.

While I was looking at the LICENSE.txt we bundle in the binary I saw
we have many issues there (most license references points to bad
locations and probably they are licenses for the old phoenix based
deployment and need a review and update) so I opened
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-1269 to track this
"larger" issue.

Stefano