On 30/06/11 12:46, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Eric Charles<e...@apache.org>  wrote:
Hi,

If I understand well, we would ship some jars, but not an archive with the
needed startup scripts? I don't expect much users for it...

This change is about separating concerns and reducing conflicts. The
libraries composing the james server application would be
independently released to the Maven repository. The actual james
application would be composed and released independently.

Also, we are in the process of releasing a beta2, not the final release.
Could we be a bit more relax on the NOTICE and plan the maintainable
solution based on a tool for the next release?

The James PMC would be knowingly break policy. Legal stuff like this
is part of oversight. It needs to be right.

Sure.
I was just wondering, especially when I see how the other Apache projects create there releases, if we could rely for beta2 on a manual check, and report the automated track for next release.

Let's see you could split and distributed the remaining jars to be reviewed in 3 or 4 parts, each parts being taken by a committer responsible to add the needed mention in the NOTICE.

Robert

Eric