Hi there,

a new JPAMessage is generated when append a message in
OpenJPAMessageManager.createMessage(...). You could override this
method to return your own subclass of AbstractJPAMessage which does
the magic for you. I think thats everything you need.

See:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/mailbox/trunk/jpa/src/main/java/org/apache/james/mailbox/jpa/mail/model/openjpa/AbstractJPAMessage.java?view=markup
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/mailbox/trunk/jpa/src/main/java/org/apache/james/mailbox/jpa/openjpa/OpenJPAMessageManager.java?view=markup

Just ask if you need more info.. And as always, patches welcome :)

Bye,
Norman