Hi,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 07:39, Tejaswini Kurakula
<tejaswinikurak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Manolo,
> I think we should integrate the google chat in HUPA evolution for which we
> would have to create a XMPP rich client which can do the following :
> 1. Send invitation to chat
> 2. Chat presence and status
> 3.Provide a chat status
> 4. Sending and receiving chat messages.
> At the abckend wew ould be using the XMPP server provided by Google Talk .
> Let me know your thoughts on it .
> Tejaswini

I think having XMPP chat in Hipa is generally a great idea.

However, I think (i.e. I guess I know) that implementing a XMPP client
is a GSoC project completely on it's own.
It's a totally separate protocol and technologies from email and James
(XMPP, BOSH).

Being an inactive James comitter and the initial developer and
committer of the XMPP server Apache Vysper, I'd be happy to help out
with any issues you might run into.
Vysper server can be easily embedded into any Spring setup and doesn't
require it's own separate process/JVM.

  Bernd