Pe 12.04.2012 10:31, Tejaswini Kurakula a scris:
Hi ,
So now we should concentrate on creating a xmpp client for  Apache Xmpp
server ?
tejaswini

Implementing a protocol client is not trivial, especially for a complex one like chat. You would be better off using an existing library and integrate it with Hupa. You're best start would be [1].

Use an existing (Java, Javascript) client library that implements the protocol and issue calls to the server based on client actions (login, logout, send message). Render the responses to the client.

Ideally Hupa should save as little state as possible on the server side. The client should try to maintain it's own state.

I would also like to see chat integration in Hupa. Good luck.

[1] http://xmpp.org/xmpp-software/libraries/

p.s. I really hope we get a project around Hupa. Manolo, I will co-mentor so count me in.

--
Ioan Eugen Stan
http://ieugen.blogspot.com