Hi Mihai,

Lucene4-Alpha is on its way to be released and it would be great that you develop on the snapshots (waiting on the official release).

There are some changes in the API, so better to no refactor after, and to benefit from goodies such as AppendingCodec and other features you can read on Mike's blog (http://blog.mikemccandless.com/)

You can define the lucene4 maven snapshots adding the following repository in your pom:

      <repository>
         <id>lucene-solr-jenkins-trunk</id>
         <name>Lucene/Solr Jenkins trunk</name>

<url>https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Solr-Maven-trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/maven_artifacts</url>
         <layout>default</layout>
         <releases>
           <enabled>false</enabled>
         </releases>
         <snapshots>
           <enabled>true</enabled>
         </snapshots>
     </repository>

you will need lucene-core, lucene-analyzers-common, lucene-queryparser, lucene-misc,...

Thx,
Eric