Sounds like a reasonable plan.

In the meantime, if there are any barrier to contribute with the current SVN, just tell us so we can help.

Thx, Eric

On 27/09/2012 03:12, Saibabu Vallurupalli wrote:
Add me as well +1

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>wrote:

Hello,

I've noticed the possibility to switch to Git for Apache projects. I
believe working with git is faster at accepting external
contributions, especially that Github is so popular, and a lot of
people fork and work on local projects.

I also know that we probably don't have the resources yet, but how do
you feel about moving James to git as primary development? I think it
will speed up development and adoption as it's easier to play with.

Some talks about the process:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/lucy-dev-Moving-to-Git-td4006735.html

Cheers,

--