Hi,

Sorry for the previous mail that I sent by error.

We specified that we wanted to be polyglot-friendly in James and also
that for the current people writing code we would start using Scala in
some specific context.

It's what is written in adr 24 here :
https://github.com/apache/james-project/blob/master/src/adr/0024-polyglot-strategy.md

I personnally like Scala very much and refactored IMAP search which is
a very verbose piece of code today in Java to a more readable Scala
version: https://github.com/linagora/james-project/pull/3309

Benoit expressed some doubts about whether that important component
should be written in scala or not here
https://github.com/linagora/james-project/pull/3309#issuecomment-616367598

I don't know what to think about that: do people will be afraid of
reading and/or writing Scala? Will it be a way to make people more
interested because Java feels something from the past?

I don't really care if this code get merged or not but it's a good
occasion to gather people opinions about that and move forward with
James as a project.

So, what do you think ?

Cheers,

-- Matthieu Baechler