Le 07/07/2020 à 20:58, David Leangen a écrit :
>> Hope it helps.
> Yes, quite a lot!!
>
> A few clarifications, please. 😀
>
>> SMTP Service is talking TCP with the client. When it is asked to
>> deliver a message, it simply calls `enqueue` on the MailQueue.
> Can you be more precise about what you mean by “client”?
By SMTP client Matthieu means either a Mail User Agent (eg Thunderbird)
or a remote mail server transferring emails to our server, thus sending
SMTP client commands.
>> As everything happens in the Java process, you don't have a protocol,
>> just a method call.
> By the way, is the message communicated via TCP or via a method call. Sorry,
> I am a bit confused about the two statements you made above.
>
> Once the mail is received by the mail queue, does all the rest of the process
> happen via method calls, too?
Via method calls. protocols/protocols-smtp library is agnostic about it,
but server/protocols/protocols-smtp does the link between the smtp
library and other James components (was it your question?)
>> The spooler is the thing taking messages from the queue for processing.
>> The MailQueue allows to decouple the reception from the handling.
>> A spooler usually is able to concurrently process several mails.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Are there any other important “parts” that I should be aware of?
Regarding what?

> Cheers,
> =David

Cheers,