> I would like us to start as part as the release process to publish
> convenience binaries under apache name, just like some other Apache
> projects are doing: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19650

This is a bit of a shameless suggestion but wouldn't it make sense to use
the opportunity to setup an automated public CI ? Something that
automatically publishes release versions from master, and builds PRs would
be nice. I am not sure where  other apache projects source the machines
running the CI but at least https://github.com/apache/pulsar-helm-chart
seems to have access to some serious compute power...with a bit of luck
that could also benefit from shared credentials to push apache docker
images without needing any single user to have specific rights

jean