Le 18/11/2020 à 15:00, Jean Helou a écrit :
>> I would like us to start as part as the release process to publish
>> convenience binaries under apache name, just like some other Apache
>> projects are doing: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19650
>

> This is a bit of a shameless suggestion but wouldn't it make sense to use
> the opportunity to setup an automated public CI ?

I would love to see this happening but I fail at seeing progress on the
Apache level CI for several months already.

Correlating things together would likely lead to getting nothing done.

I am willing to add publishing docker images to the release process, but
will not find the resources to make this automated public CI happen.

Note that asking dockerhub access is not incompatible with CI work.

> Something that
> automatically publishes release versions from master, and builds PRs would
> be nice.

Something that automatically builds master branch and peoples PR should
IMO have a higher priority.

BTW given
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#approving-a-release a
two stage process would likely be needed.

> I am not sure where  other apache projects source the machines
> running the CI but at least https://github.com/apache/pulsar-helm-chart
> seems to have access to some serious compute power...

INFRA is by default not powerful (likely not enough). A way out is
"donating computing power for dedicated project builds".

Hence we would need some individual/organization donating computing
power to the Apache foundation for Apache James usage.

I like the idea, and I would be happy to defend the idea within
Linagora, but I need a working build on Apache infra first. Likely it
would be a few "dedicated servers", but it would also need internal
validation.

Benoit