Hi Matthieu, Hi Juhan,

Le 02/03/2021 à 20:36, Matthieu Baechler a écrit :
> Hi Juhan,
>
> On Tue, 2021-03-02 at 11:10 +0200, Juhan Aasaru wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> We probably won't be able to support both versions in the same product
> for a reasonable cost so I propose to drop ElasticSearch 6 support
> entirely.

+1

> Would it be possible to have a quick recap of the remaining efforts
> needed.
> One place for this could be the Jira task:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-3492
>
> If the work required to finish is not too large I could get Andreas
> to come back and work on this starting this Friday. Hopefully this way
> we have
> a chance to reach the release deadline (or at least have a second
> release
> shortly after the current on)
>
> Let's define a deadline. That way, rather it's ready on time and
> included or not.

+1

> If you need some help to make it happen, you may find some people
> offering consulting, we are several to be able to do that on the
> mailing-list.
>

>  > the last release taking me over 3 months!
>
> Benoit, could you please list the main problems why creating a release
> is time consuming so we could think solutions how some of this could be
> automated.

 - First, previous release had been rejected once. And one time where we
struggle to get the approval on time.
 - Second, the numerous maven project counts makes the upload (mvn
deploy / mvn release prepare / perform) long. I generally plan a day,
and do it on my laptop not to copy my GPG keys around. Which negatively
impact my other tasks.

To be fair, this one should be less of a problem to me this time.

 - Third: changing priorities...