Hello Andreas,

I encourage you to take a formal position on the release (+1, -1,
etc...) regarding this vote.

I think it is a very good thing that members of the community feels
concerned by the content of the 3.6.1 release.  Code contributions are
welcomed on the 3.6.x release line, there were sadly not a lot of
community activity there. If required (rejected vote) I can devote
myself to re-tag a 3.6.1 release. Or other committers should feel free
to carry over this task (release guide here:
https://james.staged.apache.org/james-project/3.7.0/community/release.html
): help welcome here!

While we are at it, as you show interest in this 3.6.1 release, do you
have plans to address the various bugs mentioned in [2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-3564?focusedCommentId=17415842&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-17415842
that would benefit from a backport to 3.6.x? There are surely there
things more critical that the 2 MIME4J enhancements you are pointing
to... We likely should be active on backports prior to releases. This
would ease everybody life. And avoid costly re-tags that are just a
waste of time.

Also, in October board report, we mentioned both the 3.6.1 and 3.7.0
releases that ideally should be carried out ideally before January board
report. So, ideally, I'd like to tag both releases before 15th december
for a release date ~22nd dec.

To be fair I am more interested by the 3.7.0 release that ships awesome
improvements and performance enhancements, but I consider 3.6.1 fixed
critical bugfixes, and as 3.7.0 drops maildir, we need to offer decent
options for potential maildir users out there (hence me pushing 3.6.1
further).

Best regards,

Benoit TELLIER