Hi list, Michail,

here in Lima we are looking a behaviour of the network association UI
that I am not sure whether is intended...

The versions are:
 -  image 703
 -  Q2D14

Process:

1 - the laptop boots and does not associate immediately to an AP or
active antenna
2 - user selects an AP in the networks UI pane - the laptop associates
successfully
3 - while the WAN is accessible through the AP, the network pane shows
the 3 meshes blinking (in turns) as if the laptop was trying to
associate

Expected outcome: that the laptop would settle with an AP, and not
bother searching for AAs. Why? Because in some scenarios we are
considering deploying APs as the main or only means of network
connectivity with the XS.

Here I am assuming that the blinking on the UI actually correlates
with what the antenna is doing. Perhaps at a lower level the
connection has settled on the AP. In any case, olpc-netstatus doesn't
show anything interesting.

Two related observations:

 - If the latop associates to the AP straight away at boot time
(because it was the last antenna seen), then the laptop does not seem
to be searching for AAs
 - an earlier build (653 with fw Q2D07) does not show the behaviour
discussed earlier - once an AP is selected, scanning for meshes seems
to stop

cheers,

martin
--
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- School Server Architect