Hi all,
I am working on an unofficial 100 XO pilot project in Jimeta, Nigeria until
the end of the month and I've run into a wall configuring the school server.
 I outlined it on IRC before bringing it here.  Because of the time
difference and inconsistent internet connection, email is probably a better
medium for assistance.

I hope that someone can help.  I really need to move through this issue as
quickly as possible if we're going to have a working school server at this
deployment before Ieave town next Saturday morning.  There is much left to
do besides tackling the XS.

Thanks!
-Dan

dbennetthi all, I'm working on a deployment in Nigeria this afternoon and we
are having a tough time getting the XS jabber server web admin interface to
work16:05dbennettwe have managed to get it to prompt for a user/pass combo
which seems to require u...@node.domain which in my case is
d...@schoolserver.lccnyola.org16:06dbennettif we get any part of that or the
password in correct, it just empties both fields of the prompt and waits for
new info. However, if we enter u...@fqdn as I showed above and enter the
correct password then it accepts our input and the prompt disappears.
However, all it returns is a "401 Unauthorized" page16:11dbennettWe've added
the: {acl admin {user, "dan", "schoolserver.lccnyola.org"}}. line to the
access control list in /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg16:11dbennettWe are running
XS 0.516:13dbennettWe are able to connect to the server with multiple users
via jabber clients like pidgin and psi. However, we can't seem to get admin
rights to stick to any of the users. I also can't figure out if there are
multiple types of admin rights (rights to http://server/admin/) vs admin
rights within a jabber client (show all online users, etc)16:18 *** jg
joined #olpc-devel <http://www.mibbit.com/chat/#>16:18dbennettIf anyone can
lend any insight it would be much appreciated. This is my 3rd day working on
this issue. I'm learning more bits about ejabberd, but i've only got a week
left before coming back to the states and would like to have my local server
admin running a working school server before I leave. 16:52dbennettIf you
your replies to the email based version of this request sent to
server-devel@lists.laptop.org as I have only infrequent internet access, and
no ability to use an external IRC client from my present location. Thanks!
-Dan