On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 03:41:22PM +0100, Martin Langhoff wrote:

- The DHCP payload must contain a url to the PAC file - this is the
WPAD protocol, and what Pia was playing with.
Sure, but for that the browser must send a DHCP request, which it doesn't seem to do. Or does Fedora contain any support for that in the DHCP client (for Debian, I don't see it)?

I did find an old email that indicated that she was using Firefox, not
Browse.xo.
OK, so it should work with Iceweasel. Either it got disabled (upstream? Debian?) or there was some kind of configuration (dhclient? Firefox?) to enable it...

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/