On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 03:47:17PM +0000, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

OK, so it should work with Iceweasel. Either it got disabled (upstream? Debian?) or there was some kind of configuration (dhclient? Firefox?) to
enable it...
From these links, looks like Mozilla uses WPAD through DNS (and not DHCP):

http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/search?string=wpad&find=&findi=&filter=^[^\0]*%24&hitlimit=&tree=mozilla-central
Thanks, that got me going. Iceweasel needs to be explicitly configured to "Auto-detect proxy settings for this network". Default is "Use system proxy settings", whatever that means on Linux - the help document only talks about "proxy settings configured for you [sic] operating system" which might be about everything (environment variables, some Mozilla config in /etc, Gnome settings, KDE settings, ...). I guess there's some Javascript magic I could throw somewhere in /etc to tell Iceweasel to do that by default...

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/