for a drive I am looking at
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8511357&CatId=139

I assume we want 5400 rpm for less power.

Tim

From: Jon Nettleton
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2014 12:05 PM
To: Tim Moody
Cc: George Hunt ; XS Devel ; xsce-devel
Subject: [XSCE] Re: Cubox Solidrun Prototype Packaging

All we need is 5volt DC in, preferably 2amps minimum.  If the drives aren't too
power hungry then they should be able to be powered by the eSATAp connector,
although I haven't tested that.  I will actually ask Rabeeh if he has tested
it.  I know he has tested eSATA just don't know if it was self powered.  If we
can't get eSATA to power the drive for whatever reason then a USB port should
be possible.  A lot of older eSATA cases would require a usb plug for power, if
they didn't support eSATAp.

Most of this depends on the draw of the drives.  If we want a battery backup
solution then we probably want the larger case I posted a link to earlier and
then a battery solution that provides two 5volt 2amp outputs.  I am pretty sure
I saw one on Amazon.

Do you guys have the models of drives you plan on using for storage?  Time to
run some numbers.