You may find RMI console in sources, you may find a proposal folder in it.

The console has the administration point of view. It suppose that the login user is the administrator, but, in the case when users wants to change it's passwords no administrator is logged in. The web console console may has administrator password as a constant a use it per each user's request, but, if the web server and the james are located in deferents computers the plain administrator password will be traveling all the day. I prupose a method like changeUserPassord(userId, oldPassword, newPassword). This method send the the password plain but does not need administrator password in any form, additionally, change the user password only if the old password is supplied. W/out this method we have to check user's password using pop/imap libraries and then change the password as administrator.
If I get the deal I have no problem to develop the web console and post it to james users. I want a consensus to make it usefully to the community.

Later,

Manuel Soto

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Another way may be to use Java pages and the RMI
console but this require Java in the web server.

Where i can found the RMI Console? Is there any documentation or unit test to understand how to use it?
Whats about running Keel.org in the same VM and invoke the management API with local calls?

Thanks. Stefan

server-user Digest 1 Nov 2003 15:28:08 -0000 Issue 507

Topics (messages 8405 through 8407):

Re: Relay not allowed?
        8405 by: Noel J. Bergman

Re: Web console to change passwords