JVM completely exits with the remark JVM exiting abnormally. Shutting down Phoenix.

Yeah I have the debug logging on all the blocks, and they have nothing unusal.

Thanks Cj,

Hello Sudip,

When you say "go down" Does the JVM completely exit? Or does James stop processing email and needs to be restarted manually?

Do you have DEBUG level logging configured in James for all blocks?

Cj

Sudip Shekhawat wrote:

We have 3 James servers running on different machines. And invariably all go down on an average, once a day.

1) The log files created on all the three servers running James2.2.0a8 show that all the three mail servers go down at the same time. I have noticed this behavior more than a couple of time, so I will rule this out as a coincidence.

2) The common things these three mail server share are
a) The network
b) James version, all 2.2.0a8
c) Our servers (the machine running red hat 9.0, kernel 2.4.20)

3) The current logging of JVM didn’t report any alarming output. Currently I have to find a way to increase the logging level for JVM.