Yeah i had these flags on, but fron the time I started facing these shutdown problem I had removed all the flags, other than -server.

Thank you

Sudip

I would also trying increasing the heap and stack memory a bit. depending on how much RAM the servers have..

maybe something like:
-Xms64m and -Xmx128m

Above options should follow the "-server"

Hope that helps.

Cj

Sudip Shekhawat wrote:

I am running hotspot, so in phoenix.sh, I have

-server -verbosegc -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintCompilation -XX:+PrintGCDetails

I added all the other parameters for debugging. I am going to look into the phoenix.log once again when the servers go down. Ours is not a busy server, we get only few hundred mails a day.

Thanx
sudip

Weird that you are not getting any other error in the phoenix.log

Do you have any special parameters set in the phoenix.sh start-up script for the JVM? how much RAM does each James server have? I have only seen this on really busy servers.. when the JVM was memory starved.. and the GC thread was not able to reclaim memory fast enough.. But usually you would see the dreaded OutOfMemoryError.