Hi,

   We are using James 2.1.3. As required by our project (Spam Control at the
   MTA Level using Greylisting), we have changed the SMTPHandler to send a
   temporary failure message (451 Please Try Again Later) after RCPT TO
   command for a certain period of time. When the temporary failure period is
   not expired, there is no return from the function transport.sendMessage()
   while trying to deliver a mail. In James 2.0.a3, there was an exception
   thrown by this function which we were able to catch & handle. Kindly send
   us what we shall do to make RemoteDelivery mailet work without any
   blocking / stalling.

   Regards,
   Sivanesh.