The MailetContext has several sendMail methods tha reinsert the message
into the spool, so you can do something like this:

            MailetContext mc = getMailetContext();
            try {
                mc.sendMail(mail);
            } catch (MessagingException e) {
                log("Exception re-inserting failed mail: ", e);
            }

You can force the mail into any given processer by calling
mail.setState("processorName").

Steve